Reading rooms, libraries, terminals
The UWB University library (UK) consists of five specialized libraries – the Faculty of Education Library, the Faculty of Law Library, the library on the campus in Bory, the Health Care Studies Library, and the Economics Library in Cheb. UK membership is free of charge for all students. The unified identification system card (JIS) serves as your student ID. The library and information services regulations are stipulated in the Library Regulations document, which is available in each of the libraries mentioned above.
Electronic information resources are accessible from all computers (with minor exceptions) in UWB areas.
All information about university libraries: https://www.knihovna.zcu.cz/en/.
Addresses and opening hours
- Study room Bory – Univerzitní 18, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-20.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Study room Husova – Husova 11, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
Faculty of Law and Faculty of Philosophy and Arts library – sady Pětatřicátníků 16, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-20.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
Faculty of Health Care Studies library – Sedláčkova 31, Pilsen; Mon, Wed 10.00-14.00, 14.30-18.00, Tue, Thu, Fri 9.00-11.00, 11.30-16.00
Faculty of Education library
- Study room Klatovská – Klatovská 51, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Study room Veleslavínova – Veleslavínova 42, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
- Study room Jungmannova – Jungmannova 3, Pilsen; Mon-Thu 8.00-18.00, Fri 8.00-15.00
Purchase of university textbooks and other materials
University textbooks and other materials that are recommended for studies at UWB may be purchased in specialized UWB Publishers shops. UWB promotional materials may also be purchased in these shops.
University campus -Pilsen-Bory, Univerzitní 22 (UB 105)
The shop is situated in the University Library on the ground floor. You can find all textbooks published by UWB, as well as specialized literature from other publishers -especially for the Faculties of Applied Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Economics.
Faculty of Economics -Pilsen, Husova 11 (HJ 107)
The shop is situated on the ground floor. The textbooks and other resources on offer are suitable mainly for studies at the Faculty of Economics and the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts. However, textbooks for the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Law, published by UWB, are also available.
IT space at UWB
The Center for Information Technology (CIV) is an all-university service, which controls all aspects of the UWB information system. CIV provides various services to students needed for successful studies. Here is some basic information about the services provided:
- Issuing your student card – JIS – which enables access to the UWB buildings, laboratories, and other areas, dining in UWB canteens, borrowing books in the university library, etc.).
- Publishing the information guide First Steps in the UWB IT Space, which should make it easier for users to get acquainted with the UWB electronic space. The guide outlines the procedures needed for successfully acquiring a JIS card, the creation of a user account in the university system, and other necessary steps that have to be taken after enrollment.
- Control and maintenance of the support web for users (http://support.zcu.cz). This web covers the majority of guides and service descriptions that CIV provides for its users. The documents are continually updated as a result of newly installed changes and improvements to individual systems. In addition, various updates and information about system breakdowns or standby conditions, invitations to seminars, and similar events are published on this web.
- HelpDesk CIV – the main contact spot for users, where all possible problems with the UWB information system are dealt with.
Students may take advantage of 16 public computer rooms in the UWB buildings in Pilsen with more than 200 computers. The rooms are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (some till 9 p.m.) during the semester. In the exam period, the opening hours are different.
Besides public computer rooms, students also have access to specialized computer labs at their faculty. It is further possible to make use of UWB information terminals which are available in the entrance halls of some UWB buildings. Wireless connection is a matter of course.
Students can use the services of the on-campus Copy Center in Univerzitni 22. The opening hours during workdays are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Services offered: copying, printing, scanning, binding, etc. Costs are listed in the price list.